ESTÉE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION REVIEW

Last month I ran out of my trusty Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation – and I was devastated when I went to repurchase and realised that it has been reformulated! I was tempted to repurchase the new formulation but decided after long being faithful to my fave high end foundation it was time to jump out of my comfort zone and try something new. I asked some friends for some recommendations and one said to try double wear as she swears by the stuff and said that the coverage is fantastic! I had also heard that this product was named the number one foundation in the UK so thought I had better give it a go.






When payday finally arrived last month I made a visit to my local House of Fraser to the Estee Lauder counter to be colour matched. I picked a great day to do this as they had 20% off, so managed to grab myself a wee bargain. Now, I was wearing fake tan when I went to be matched which I know is not a great idea for someone who can rarely be bothered to tan but I had a night out coming up so I had no other option. The MUA at the counter matched me to the colour ‘Pebble’ which is a very warm pink tone. This colour looked great on my skin in the shop and matched my freshly tanned skin perfectly – although I have tried this foundation with no tan and it made my skin a horrible grey colour and looked very dirty on my skin. Lesson learned – I’ll never get matched with tan on again!

I have to say though – when I can be bothered to tan – I love this foundation! The coverage is the best I’ve ever had from a foundation and it definitely lives up to its reputation. My main tip for using this product would be a little goes a long way! One covering of this foundation on your face is enough – if you start to go over, it can get too thick and can start to look cakey on your face. When worked in properly it gives a very flawless matte finish. This is great for me as I am not a fan of foundations that are too dewy, I feel that they make my T-zone very oily far too quickly, meaning having to do too many touch ups during the day. The double wear claims to stay put for 15 hours. I haven’t worn this foundation for 15 hours straight but for the times I have worn it (possibly 10 hours?) it has definitely not moved from my face – and I have no doubt that their claims that it will last 15 hours are nothing but the truth.

Overall, this is a great flawless, matte, full coverage foundation & it photographs well. It can feel a little heavy on the skin at times so I wouldn’t recommend this for an everyday foundation but perfect for any events, nights out or occasions that you may have coming up. I will 100% repurchase this foundation…..just possibly in a slightly lighter shade next time!


Anyone else used this foundation? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Love,

No comments