MY MICRO-WEAVE HAIR EXTENSIONS

I've been getting extensions in my hair for a little over a year now. Before this I had tried a few sets of clip-ins and one of the halo hair pieces but I felt that none of these felt secure in my head - and really just looked fake - probably because I was so terrible at putting them in. After this a few years back now I thought I would try pre-bonded hair extensions. This is a method where individual pieces are glued to the roots of your hair, the bonds should be tiny and undetectable to the eye but I was stupid enough to have gone to a mobile hairdresser that I found on Gumtree that after finishing my hair extensions it became clear that she must have had very little experience, the bonds were huge, the hair was crap and I was very disappointed - and so was my bank balance. I think I kept these extensions in for about two weeks before I sat myself on my bed for four hours with a bottle of nail varnish remover to try and get them out of my head - I was desperate, I hated them! I swore I would never get hair extensions ever again.

18 " Triple Weft Micro-Weave from Genie Hair Extensions Glasgow

A few years after this (last year) I decided that I hated my fine, boring hair and I was willing to give extensions another go - this time taking a little more care and time in finding someone who had a little more experience and hopefully this time I would be happy with the results. I looked on INAA.com to see who there was in Glasgow offering hair extensions and I came across Genie Hair in Partick. I had a look on Facebook and seen that they had loads of pictures that looked good so I made an appointment. I have now had my extensions done here four times and have been happy with the results every time. I think I would find it very hard now to go back to boring flat hair - I love my long hair too much.

The first two times I got the pre-bonded extensions and they used 150g of Beauty Works Celebrity Choice bonds for this. The hair was great quality and lasted about 4 months before I had to have them removed - this was more down to them growing out rather than the hair being in bad quality. I think on people who's hair doesn't grow as fast they could have got longer out of these extensions. They recommend 4-6 months before you have to have them removed.


The third time I went I decided to try the micro-weave method. I feel that having the two sets of bonds in my hair one after another made some parts of my natural hair very fine and, fearing going bald, I thought I would try this method which is much less damaging to your own natural hair. The hair used for this method is Hair Couture by Sleek Triple Weft - again 150g of hair. This method uses strips of hair and little micro beads threaded on up to the root to hold the hair in place. The only downside to this method is that you need to have a maintenance appointment every 4-6 weeks to have it tightened as it does loosen off slightly - you don't have to have this with the bonds. 

I have preferred the weave so far - I feel it blends better with my natural hair and makes it very hard to tell that I am actually wearing extensions. The only thing that I do miss when having the weave in is wearing my hair up. This method makes it very difficult/impossible to wear your hair high on your head, which I used to do all the time. You can do this with bonds after you have had them in for about a week. I'm thinking next time I'm going to get bonds again for a change so that I'm able to wear my hair up from time to time.

What have your experiences been with Hair Extensions, I'd love to hear them!?

Love,

4 comments

  1. It's essential to find a skilled and learned hairdresser to work with the very delicate and particular properties of hair extensions. Seeing how meticulous some of them can be to prepare, the hairdresser who you are working with should really pay attention to details. It's all about properly understanding the attributes of these things and working from there. Then, hair extensions won't be a problem at all. Good day!

    Renee May @ Virgin Hair Fixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water wave hair A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting augmentations isn't modest, except if you're a Hollywood star and since the majority of us aren't we actually long for long, thick bolts - we gotta follow through on the cost.Hair Extensions Miami

    ReplyDelete